About Social Media Week
Social Media Week is a leading news platform and worldwide conference that curates and shares the best ideas, innovations and insights into how social media and technology are changing business, society and culture around the world.
Social Media Week, Mumbai – Day 1 at Grand Hyatt Regency
Power of Storytelling in the Landscape of New Media -Vivek Nayer, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
- Tell stories to customers to build a rapport
- Short videos are an awesome way to share stories
- While choosing social media tools check for relevance, context, co-creation abilities (dubsmash), innovation, topicality and interactivity
- Be authentic and share what does your brand stand for
Power of Communities – Rohit Varma, R Square Consulting
- Communities already exist. Brands should be looking at how to support them in what they do
- Plan for long term engagement
- Encourage people in the communities
- Personalised communication creates connection and engagement
- Take opinions and feedbacks seriously
Data with Soul – Samir Pitwala, Culture Machine
- Analytics is being used for content distribution to relevant audience; now it is increasingly playing an important role in content creation too
- Bots to interact with consumers and change user experience – they will auto-detect, copy and deduce what consumers want without them telling it
- Analytics Softwares for content creation – use real time trends, understand vibes and make automated videos for consumption (uses same principle – auto detect, copy, deduce).
- Six types of Videos – 360 degree videos, live, web series, long form, short form, vertical videos
- Vertical videos and short form videos are great way to engage consumers